The Hermitage-Kazan Center is located within the territory of the Kazan Kremlin in the building of the former Junker College. The building was built in the 1840s as a school of military cantonists (sons of officers, who were registered for military service from the day they were born ), by the architect P.G. Pyatnitsky. In 1861 it was granted to the military school, which was transformed in 1866 into Junkers College. The building of Junkers College is distinguished by a clear symmetrical layout, well- light rooms along the long main corridor, a strict and monumental appearance typical of late Russian ("Nikolayev") Classicism. In the center of "Hermitage-Kazan" there are exposition halls, computer classes, a lecture and conference hall and information halls. Exhibition halls are designed for exhibiting paintings, graphics and decorative- applied art or historical- cultural collections.
Official site www.kazan-kremlin.ru/museums/hermitage